APtimise Terms & Conditions
Last modified: 28th March 2019
Terms and Conditions of Use of the APtimise Website.
This website is owned and maintained by National Westminster Bank Plc (“us“, “we“ or “NatWest“), which is part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (“the RBS Group“). The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions that you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. In addition, all of our products and services have their own terms and conditions. If you are considering applying for any of our products or services, please read the applicable product and/or service terms and conditions first. We make these available by at least one of the following methods: (i) by clicking the link on the relevant pages of this website; or (ii) on request from us. These should be read together with the following website terms and conditions. However if there is any conflict between the two, the terms and conditions for the particular product or service will prevail.
- Use of this Website
- Exclusion of Liability
- Trade Marks
- Changes to this Website
- Telephone Calls and Customer Chat
- Internet Communications
- Australian Residents
- Regulatory Information
- General Information
Use of Website
1. The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and information purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member of the RBS Group to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by NatWest for personal use and for information purposes only.
2. Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the United Kingdom only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
3. Where any information on this website constitutes a financial promotion for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, it is issued and approved by us for distribution and use in the UK only.
4. This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information that is relevant to information on this website.
Exclusion of Liability
5. These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
6. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
7. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials, are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
8. We accept no liability however caused (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
a. economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings);
b. loss of goodwill or reputation; or
c. loss or damage which was not reasonably foreseeable,
d. suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website and/or these terms and conditions.
9. Access to and use of this website is at your own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
10. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources (that are not part of the RBS Group) for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
11. © 2019 National Westminster Bank Plc. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
12. This website contains numerous trade marks belonging to NatWest and other companies in the RBS Group. These trade marks include, but are not limited to, the National Westminster Bank Plc THREE CHEVRONS logo, NatWest and APtimise. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of NatWest or a member of the RBS Group, please contact us for clarification at the registered office address below.
13. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way.
Changes to this Website
14. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification. Additionally NatWest shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
Telephone Calls and Customer Chat
15. Calls and chats may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes.
16. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, NatWest reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
17. Persons accessing this website from Australia should note that their access to, and use of, the information, services and products on this website may be prohibited under the Australian Corporations Act 2001 or under the RBS Group's Australian Financial Services Licence. Nothing contained in this website should be construed as an authorisation to access or use the information, services or products on this website, in Australia, where such prohibitions apply.
Other Important Information
18. The information, and any opinion contained in this website does not constitute a public offer under any applicable legislation or an offer to sell or solicitation or an offer to buy any securities or financial instruments or any advice or recommendation with respect to such securities or other financial instruments.
19. This website contains certain 'forward looking statements' as that term is defined in the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, such as statements that include the words 'expect', 'estimate', 'project', 'anticipate', 'should', 'intend', 'plan', 'probability'', 'risk', 'Value-at-Risk ('VAR')', 'target', 'goal', 'objective', 'will', 'endeavour', 'outlook', 'optimistic', 'prospects' and similar expressions or variations on such expressions.
20. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those estimated by the forward-looking statements contained in this website include, but are not limited to, general economic conditions in the UK and in other countries in which the RBS Group has significant business activities or investments, including in the United States; the monetary and interest rate policies of the Bank of England, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and other G-8 central banks; unanticipated turbulence in interest rates, foreign currency exchange rates, commodity prices or equity prices; changes in UK or foreign laws, regulations or taxes; changes in competition or pricing environments; natural and other disasters; the inability to hedge certain risks economically; the adequacy of loss reserves; acquisitions or restructurings; technology changes; changes in consumer spending and saving habits; and the success of the RBS Group in managing the risks involved in the foregoing. The risks and uncertainties are discussed in the RBS Group's SEC filings. The forward-looking statements contained in this website speak only as of the date of the related document, and the RBS Group does not undertake to update any forward looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof.
21. The information contained in this website is subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, all other publicly available information, including, where relevant any fuller disclosure document published by the RBS Group. Any person at any time acquiring the securities must do so only on the basis of such person's own judgement as to the merits of the suitability of the securities for its purposes and only on such information as is contained such in public information having taken all such professional or other advice as it considers necessary or appropriate in the circumstances and not in reliance on the information contained herein. The information is not tailored for any particular investor and does not constitute individual investment advice.
22. Information in this website relating to the price at which investments have been bought or sold in the past or the yield on investments cannot be relied upon as a guide to future performance.
23. The financial information published or to be published on this website, or made available or to be made available through this website, such as annual reports and quarterly reports, is compiled and placed on this website with the greatest of care. Nevertheless, only the original hard-copy English versions of this information shall be regarded as the original version. No rights may be derived from financial information published or to be published on this website, or available or to be made available through this website, including with regard to its accuracy and completeness.
24. In addition, it should be noted that the annual report and accounts of the RBS Group which are published on this website or made available through this website, may be subject to adoption by the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of the RBS Group for the year to which the report and accounts relate.
25. National Westminster Bank Plc. Registered in England and Wales (Registered Number 929027), Registered Office: 250 Bishopsgate, London EC2M 4AA. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. NatWest is entered on the Financial Services Register and its Register number is 121878. The Financial Services Register can be accessed at www.fca.org.uk/register. NatWest's registered VAT number is GB 243852752.
26. NatWest adheres to the Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB. Find out more at www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.
27. If you are not satisfied with any NatWest product or service we have a complaint handling procedure that you can use to resolve such matters. NatWest is covered by The Financial Ombudsman Service. If you are still not satisfied after following the NatWest procedures, you can ask the Ombudsman to review the complaint. You can find out more about The Financial Ombudsman Service in a leaflet available from any branch or by telephoning NatWest. Alternatively you can write to: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR or telephone 020 7964 1000.
Jurisdiction and Enforceability
28. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions of use of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
29. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of England and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.